Solar energy can be used on industrial buildings, government organizations, commercial units and residences. There are a host of reasons as to why it is the right time for West Virginia to go solar:
- As of mid-2021, the total solar capacity installed in West Virginia was 15 MW. It is expected that solar can power up to 23% of West Virginia’s power needs. It means there is potential to install 6300 MW. Moreover, the solar industry is undergoing rapid changes in terms of advancing technology and optimization of costs. There is also increasing awareness of the benefits of solar energy and the unsustainability of fossil fuels such as coal, oil and gas. They cause irreparable damage to the environment and have a shelf life for job opportunities.
- Solar panels that leverage solar energy to convert to electricity are moving ahead in efficiency and aesthetic value. Their prices are being optimized too. The government offers several incentives for solar installations. People can claim up to 26% of the cost of a solar photovoltaic system for installations in 2020-2022 as tax credit. For installations done in 2023, they can claim up to 22% of the cost for systems installed in 2023.
- With the thrust towards renewable energy across the country, flexible and easy financing options for solar installations are available. People can buy them in cash or by taking loans with favorable terms for borrowers.
- All utility companies in West Virginia have to offer net metering. It ensures that any resident or organization installing a solar system will get full credit for the production of surplus energy. The utility company will give a one-for-one credit for every kilowatt-hour (kWh) sent back to the utility company.
- It is also interesting to note that while the coal industry played an important role in West Virginia, things are changing. Coal mining jobs declined from 86,507 in 2010 to 42,117 in 2020, and solar energy related employment grew from 93,552 jobs in 2010 to 2,31,474 jobs in 2020 all across the US. Moreover, solar energy is the way forward. It is environmentally friendly to produce it, and people have better working conditions.
Go solar now
So, a drop in the installation costs, electricity bill reductions, tax savings and the chance to build a greener future make solar energy a great investment for West Virginia businesses, farmers, and homeowners. GreenBrilliance is in West Virginia now. You can call us @ 703-657-0090 or email us @ email@example.com to know more about our solar installations, products and solar project financing options.