What are solar batteries?
Solar batteries are used to store solar energy. Rechargeable solar batteries can be used in PV systems to store excess electricity generated by the solar system. The electricity can be used whenever required. So even when you are connected to the grid, you can remain “off-grid” and use the electricity stored in the solar batteries.
How do solar batteries work?
When you install a solar solution, the solar panels generate electricity from the sun. This is direct current (DC) electricity. It is converted to alternating current (AC) electricity which powers home appliances, etc. The unused electricity charges the solar batteries. When the sun goes down, or when there is an outage or when you do not want electricity from the grid, you can use the energy from the batteries to power your electronic devices and appliances.
What are the advantages of using solar batteries?
When you connect a solar battery to your solar system, the excess energy produced by the solar panels is stored in the battery. This energy can be used in multiple ways:
- When the solar panel is not generating enough energy required for the electricity needs of the house, this extra energy can be used.
- When there is an outage, you can use the excess energy to satisfy your basic power needs.
- You can also connect your solar panels and the solar battery to the grid. You can fill your battery and sell it to the utility company. If the electricity rates vary at various times of the day, you can use energy from the backup battery when the rates are higher and use electricity from the grid when the rates are lower.
Storage solutions from GreenBrilliance
GreenBrilliance offers various intelligent storage solutions by partnering with leaders in the energy industry like Generac. Our bundled solar solutions include battery storage solutions that
- Capture and store power from solar panels for extended durations.
- Protect your home and family during power outages.
- Utilize stored electricity during peak demand, grid outage or when electricity costs are high, thus incurring lower energy bills and saving money.
- Gain greater independence from the grid as you have the freedom to avoid peak rates and control your electricity supply and demand.
Connect with us for battery storage solutions
Solar is great for our homes and offices, and solar batteries make it even better. With smarter batteries and improving technology, solar batteries support a higher number of charge/discharge cycles and do not require much maintenance or frequent replacement. Solar batteries are perfect for going green, being energy independent, and saving money.